Monday, June 21, 2010

iOS4 for iPad

Apple says we'll be waiting until the Fall for iOS 4 for iPad.

Most of what the iOS4 did for my iPod Touch was pretty cool. The new features are really valuable to that particular device and will probably be even better on an iPhone. Exciting for anyone who uses either of these devices.

iPad users?

We've already got a neat Photo App.
We've already got a neat Mail App.
We've already got bluetooth Keyboard Functionality.
We've already got a bunch of stuff.

We also don't have a lot of stuff. Stuff that is specific to iPhones and iPod Touches.

I'm wondering what iOS4 for the iPad will bring.

Multi-tasking? Such as it is.
Folders? As I've said before, I'm very excited about that.

What else can we look forward to? I have a wish list.

Fix the Wi-Fi connection issues. They are few, but fix them.

Allow Pages, Notepad, Photos and similar to export directly to third party Apps like Dropbox.

iPad (HD) Apps for Clock, Weather, Voice Memos, Stocks, and Calculator. (Shaddup!)

Fix the Pages App so it doesn't lose any formatting when importing from the desktop version.

While I'm dreaming, App Store and iTunes Apps that were easier to navigate would be nice too.

Update: I just watched the video on Apple's website for the face time functionality. The last twenty seconds of it made me feel like a reprobate heel. Everything I've said about how putting a camera on the iPad or any similar device would be a bad thing? I take it all back.

No comments:

Post a Comment