Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hindsight

I approached a little more than a dozen people to pre-read the first draft of my Dreams & Echoes book. Roughly an equal number of men and women were approached, and I did so by various means and mediums.

Of the women I approached:

100% were willing to read it.
100% actually read it, barring unforeseen life situations.
100% provided some measure of feedback.

All the women but one read from a physical, printed out copy. This was often the desired medium to read the book.

Of the men I approached:

Half were willing to read it.
Half of those actually read it.
One provided me with written feedback.

The guys who read it, did so from a digital copy displayed on a small portable device. This was often the desired medium to read the book.

Interesting, especially when I look at my own bookshelf and digital media library.

No comments:

Post a Comment