Thursday, September 2, 2010

Charming




It had always been my intent to blog as I walked down the strange road I'm currently traversing. A charming diversion it has been. These days I spend about 4-5 hours a day writing, roughly the same working on design for Windows Phone 7 apps, and the rest reading or studying.

It has made me question the self publishing road somewhat. Publishing that way takes a great deal of time and travel. Lots of self promotion, tweeting, and reaching across digital spaces. It requires time. I've given about five minutes thought to the idea of getting an agent and trying to publish traditionally. Miles away from making a decision by any standard, and I don't know enough to probably make a good choice either way.

I believe that much of my life is guided by an unseen, largely benevolent force. Usually I have a good feeling about my direction, but lately I feel somewhat lost. I have only a few passions but to be successful at any of them, I have to choose one and chase it harder than the others. Where would we be in this life without dreams and goals?

I hope that some time out of town will give me a moments clarity to sort things out.

-- Sent from my Tech Envy Generator

1 comment:

  1. My 2 cents: I just think you're very talented so if you are being held back by doubt or fear of the unknown, step up and chase your dream. You really are something special.

    ReplyDelete