Wednesday, March 2, 2011

iPad 2, First Impressions

Looked at everything I could find online, watched the keynote, etc.

I think if you already have one of the first iPads there won't be a lot of reasons to head over to an iPad 2 unless:

1. You want to use it as a semi-serious mobile gaming platform.
2. You want to use it for video conferencing, or video/photo geotagging, etc.
3. You're a Verizon customer and you want a 3G model.

Sadly, the two things that make me really want one, is the option of a White Bezel and the 33% thinner and 15% lighter features. Weight and aesthetics. Internal tech be darned relative to comparing the iPad 1 and 2 for my purposes. Those reasons would actually be enough for me to trade up if there weren't rumors of another refresh later this year.

Regardless, I think I'll ponder this device beyond the threshold of any desire to impulse buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment