Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Road Is Everything


Had a good talk with my family today. Just sort of worked out we were all in the same place at the same time. I don't know how it came up, but my mom asked me how I fight the uncertainty that seems to pervade our lives. I have my own method.

I start with myself, because it should be the realm where I have the most control.

Journaling

This blog, my own personal log, my Things App, page count, and iCal all serve to grant me a sort of intellectual clarity. I can look back at what I have or haven't done and take some of the guess work out of where I am mentally. This removes some of the uncertainty relative to my thoughts, and to some degree my emotional status.

Exercise

Knowing our physical limitations, regardless of what we do helps. It is a tiny amount of uncertainty removed relative to the big picture. Still, knowing how far you can walk, how many push ups you can do, and similar adds to one's personal knowledge of themselves, therefore eliminating uncertainty. A person's got to know their limitations.

Prayer

Just the nuts and bolts here. Even if there is no God and no one listening, it is the one time a person can be totally honest with where they are in life. Prevaricating with a supreme being is pretty pointless, thus we tend to be brutally honest during prayer. Listening to ourselves say things aloud we might not otherwise can take some of the uncertainty out of our spirituality.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

-- Sent from my Tech Envy Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment