Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pursuit

I told a friend recently they ought to drop everything, pursue their dreams, live like a rockstar, in the moment. Hold to the stewardships they can't or won't escape and chase whatever it is they want most in life. I told them they only get this one life to do whatever it is they were meant to do.

My friend is special. I just want them to seek out a happiness they richly deserve. The very next day my friend gets a call informing them a friend of theirs is dead as the result of a freak accident.

I feel like I should quote Marcus Aurelius here, regarding the relevance of a person's will relative to their mortality and the meaning of life, or something like that. Think I'll just go to bed and try like heck to write books tomorrow.

-- Sent from my Tech Envy Generator

1 comment: