Monday, March 1, 2010

Web Comics and Cheese


I wrote story for two 3-panel strips and one 6-panel strip and started drawing the backgrounds for my Chitterling web comic this morning. The whole process (I have no idea what I'm doing) seems simple enough. Draw one layer that acts as the background. Drop a layer over the top of that to sketch in the people and leave some room at the top for text bubbles. The truly difficult part has been how long it takes to tell a story in that medium. Makes you really think about every piece of dialogue, and every word a little more carefully when you can't just roll out ten pages of story in a morning.

I can totally see why it takes the established folks a couple days to a week to draw and post their stuff and why planning ahead would be important. I'm already scheming as to how I can save myself time by pre-drawing various expressions for the different characters, stock backgrounds, and the like. All things considered I think I'll need to figure out some way to host it once I have a few strips drawn.

Thought about just getting a Mobile Me account with Apple and using iWeb to post it until my Dreamweaver skills are a little sharper. Why does drawing always make me hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment