Thursday, February 24, 2011

Self-Publishing Reapproach

Thinking out loud.

I started writing novels back in September of 09' for the purpose of self-publishing. I wanted as much control of my product as possible and be totally in the driver's seat relative to pushing it out to an audience. I wanted to do things my own way.

Then along came Windows Phone 7 and a host of other projects. Wasn't sure I had the time to promote my own stuff, so I looked around to see what the traditional publishing world was like. To just scratch the surface, I could bang on doors a long time and not get noticed. Particularly because most of what I wrote was set up to be self-published rather than for mass-consumption.

I outlined a couple of books that'd probably work better in the hands of a traditional publisher. It'll be summer before they're done. Regardless, I think they are good ideas worth exploring.

Now I'm back to looking at the self-publishing road. The couple of books I already have are a bit dusty but I've got some help if I need it with covers and arrangement. I think it would do me some good to have my stuff out there regardless, say nothing for my state of mind. Add to my list a new and different personal site. Something I didn't make in iWeb a year and a half ago.

I'm not where I'd like to be, but I wouldn't trade any of the experiences I've acquired getting this far for anything.

Brain off. Fingers on keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment